Dec 11- Level 2 Show & Go_ Durham, NH area

cathyfoley

I plan to paddle an easy, flat water, Level 2 trip on Little Bay area in NH. 6-8 NM, easy pace. Exact route can be determined by participants. Launch time 11:30 a.m. Tentative launch site is the UNH boat ramp on the Oyster River in Durham. (Next to the Ice rink off rte 108) This site is possibly iced in and I will do a recon of it today. I will post directions to the launch (or alternate laucnh) around 9:00 p.m. this evening. Low tide is 16:15 tommorrow in that area. Water is very cold, dry suits or drytop/heavy farmerjohn. Bring safety equipment, lunch, hot beverage or soup, change of warm dry clothes. RSVP please on this post and send emergency contact info to my cathyfoley@aol.com e-mail

UNH Boat ramp is iced in. I will launch from HILTON PARK on Rte 4 (East Side of the Park) Hilton Park is located next to the General Sullivan bridge on Rte 4. From this launch site, I will paddle into Little Bay and return on the outgoing tide before dark.

Directions:

From I-95 in Portsmouth, NH take Rte 4 West to Exit 6W. Follow signs to Boston Harbor Road or Newick's Seafood Restaurant. Hilton Park is just past the restaurant on the right. Launch is about 200 yards from the parking area. Easy drag over packed snow.