S&G - Saturday - 9/3- Level 3 - 9 AM - Pavilion Beach/Cranes/Essex/Annisquam Fox

alcoons

Pierre (Spiritfriend) suggested the following on this trip's previous tread.

<<"Pavilion Beach along the outside of Cranes, accross the Essex, to the Anisquam. There is a beach where there is a good lunch spot. Then back to the inside of Cranes to Fox Creek (I've done the creek one hour either side of low tide), and back to Pavillion. (approx 14 mi). Esturary is nice this time of year. I'm game for anything else as well.

Pierre">>

Jamie Doucett also suggested launching at Pavillion. I have launched there but never gone this direction. Let's do it! The Castle Neck portion sounds great (SEE Sea Kayaking Coastal Massachusetts Trip 3).

The only question is when we should launch to return through Fox Creek if high tide is noon. I am going to list 9:00, but we can change it if we need to. What do you suggest?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday 9/3 - Level 3 - Some open ocean, current and potential wind and waves

Launch at 9 AM-Pavilion Beach

Bring Lunch/extra clothing/water

Distance: approx 14 miles

Caveat: As with all S&Gs, you are responsible for your own safety. There is no leader and there may be no paddler with leader training or certification. However, the expectation is that will stay together and take care of each other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please reconfirm formally here or at alcoonsmail at verizon.net that you will be there so we know we have enough for the trip.

Looking forward to the trip. Weather report is good.

Sounds good I will be there.

I would recommend doing fox creek first. The timing is more forgiving.

There is often breaking water off of Crane's beach as waves trip in the shallow beach. Just need to pay attention.

It is a good trip

Al

>Sounds good I will be there.

>

>I would recommend doing fox creek first. The timing is

>more forgiving.

>

>There is often breaking water off of Crane's beach as waves

>trip in the shallow beach. Just need to pay attention.

>

>It is a good trip

>

>Al

IGNORE MY COMMENT BELOW -- We will launch at 9 AM and after deciding what we can do.

I do not have any local knowledge on this. Two people have suggested doing Fox Creek first...I guess that means a 10:30? 11:00 AM? put in. Am I right? Pierre, I assume you were thinking of doing on the way back? We need to make a decision quickly.

Al

Sounds great, I plan to be there.

Did Crane's Beach last weekend the ocean was like a lake, almost enough surf for a first timer to get a comfortable taste. The biggest hazard was crossing the mouth of the Ipswich on the return leg due to volume of boat traffic.

Bob Clough

Gulfstream red/white