Blackburn Challenge Observation Trip-7/16-Saturday

Suz

Anyone want to come and watch the start and finish of the race with me? I know it's early but it is sure to be fun... I will bring bagels and cream cheese and we can eat breakfast on the water! We can all bring the coffee.

Here is the plan-

Launch Greasy Pole/Pavilion Beach at 6:30 a.m. paddle up the Blynman Canal towards the start of the race - need to be there in time to be out of the way for the beginning of the race with the Dories starting at 7:30 a.m.

http://www.blackburnchallenge.com/2005StartTimes.htm

Figuring that the last of the race starts at 8:25, we would start to make our way out the Blynman Canal by 9:30 or so and poke around in the harbor and be somewhere between the dogbar and Ten Pound Island to see the finish... the men's racing kayaks should be back around by around 10:30 or so.

This might not be the right thing for everyone - we will be facing Saturday morning boat traffic in the Annisquam, currents in the Blynman canal possibly up to 3+ knots and loads of boat chop plus an early start. But it is what I want to do and isn't that what private trips are all about:)

So join me if you would like but be ON TIME as I don't want to miss the kayak racers jockeying for position at the start!

Please either post here if you are planning on joining me or email me individually: suzanne dot pritchett at comcast dot net.

Suzanne