Anyone else curious to explore in the Ipswich River and Plum Island Sound

Ms. Dew

Would like to get out in the Ipswich River and Plum Island Sound this summer. Is anyone else interested? My availability is generally going to be on the weekends but sometimes I have some flexibility in my work schedule or time to use for weekdays. Skill level wise I'm a novice that has just learned basic strokes, wet exit, and T rescues. I'm quite familiar with the two areas from a motor boat perspective.

If you are looking for casual weekday paddle, I would possibly be interested before and after height of green head season.

I used to put in frequently off pavilion beach with tide coming up, with intention of finishing while tide was still relatively high.

2 hrs on water during weekday is usually what I can do, time-wise.

1 hour ago, nancysan said:

If you are looking for casual weekday paddle, I would possibly be interested before and after height of green head season.

I used to put in frequently off pavilion beach with tide coming up, with intention of finishing while tide was still relatively high.

2 hrs on water during weekday is usually what I can do, time-wise.

Hmm, as I understand, start of green head season would be first July full moon? Which if I'm right, that would be July 3.

Maybe next Thursday or Friday?

Hi, apologies for the delay. Generally Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays work best for me. Yes, we are getting into green head season. Some days they aren't so bad, and the main issue is launch and landing, and if we were to get out anywhere. 

I am unexpectedly car shopping out of need. I could possibly go this coming  Friday but I will have to see how the transportation issue plays out. Of course with cars there are racks, and sometimes not so easy to get that swapped out...

Let's stay in touch. I'll make a point of coming back to look frequently.

Nancy