Skills practice session #5 - August 21

JanetL

Mark your calendars for our next skills practice session, August 21.

The topic for this session will be "Introduction to Coastal Play" and we will be launching from Odiorne Point.

We are lucky to have BCU coach Jonathan Oltz of Sea Kayak New England joining us for this session!  Jonathan brings a wealth of experience in this area - see his bio below.

Registration for this session will open on 8/14, so keep an eye here that day for a link to sign up. More details will be provided to participants.

JONATHAN OLTZ
I coach because I love watching people learn. As a coach I believe in a participant-led approach that gives students the freedom to learn, process and grow at their own pace. My responsibility to learners is to be caring, patient and recognize their accomplishments. I will always be attentive to my learners' needs and provide a wholesome approach to their physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
The ocean has given me a deeper understanding of myself as a person and as a mentor. Over my career as a coach I hope to empower others to enjoy the sea in a safe, mindful and healthy environment.
British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader & Coach
British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader Award Provider & Assessor
British Canoeing Personal Performance Awards Provider
Registered Maine Sea Kayak Guide
ACA L3 River Kayaking Instructor
P&H Sea Kayaks Ambassador