Selling/Buying Kayaks online

FYI. Here is what I learned from trying to sell my original Cetus recently:

• The quickest and largest response came from Craigslist. Had 5 interested buyers respond immediately, and sold it within a day.
  • Had one person immediately interested on NSPN classified but it was not the right boat for her.
  • Posted on 6 different kayak Meetup groups and received no response and just a few views. It is not obvious where the "For Sale/classified" area is for a Meetup Group and not all have one.  
    • Computer: MORE>Message Boards>For Sale...
    • Phone: I just tried to find it on my phone and could not.
  • I could not post on paddle.com since minimum sale price is $1,500

Other suggestions for those selling boats or equipment?

My general rule is sell on EBay to get the best price, buy on Craigslist where the fastest response usually wins and bargains are available.  Unfortunately, EBay is less useful for large difficult to ship items.  However, if you want something to go to a "good home" avoid EBay and Craigslist, and instead use some form a friends of friends networking, or more focused board like NSPN,

Glad you sold your kayak @alcoons  When you last dropped the price I started agonizing over the "deal," though I knew I would curse having purchased too long a kayak to easily store at my home.

There's pros and cons of FB Marketplace and Craigslist.  FB has surpassed CL as the more popular platform for buying/selling.  The instant messenger on FB is what differentiates it (for better or worse).  I use FB for low cost items and CL for high cost items.