FREE outdoor kayak shed

alan

***update***

in my failed attempt to sell this fine piece of craftsmanship, i'm now offering it to anyone for FREE that is willing to pick it up. It's in West Gloucester, and 2 trips in a pickup should do it. Please let me know soon, or i'll be destroying it at the end of the month. It's a very weatherproof box for 2 sea kayaks, and has served me very well. I'd hate to see it go to waste.

if anyone is interested in building an outdoor kayak 'shed', i'd be happy to send along plans for the one i built, or post them if i can digitize them. i spent about $100+ in wood and paint, and it stores 2 sea kayaks up to 17.5 ft.

you can see pictures of it in the Classifieds for Individuals section (since i'm selling it, but thought i'd offer plans for the ambitious ones). it fully utilizes 7 sheets of plywood, and about 20 2x4's. it had 2 slanted roof sections that double as doors which open upwards for full access.

Alan

CD Andromeda - red on white

Riot Boogie II - purple/white

Dagger Id 6.9 - blue/black

Wow, I like it, Bryan! Very simple and very effective!

I had originally thought to put a lock on mine so i could put paddles and such inside, but never got around to it since i live out in the woods. One could probably be easily added though.

Alan

CD Andromeda - red on white

Riot Boogie II - purple/white

Dagger Id 6.9 - blue/black

Brian,

You wouldn't happen to have a quick set of instructions to go along with the pics for those don't build that many things?

>...to accommodate your fleet, I've got pics of a simple,

>inexpensive covered rack in a Webshots album at:

>

>http://community.webshots.com/user/brian_nystrom-reg

We built Bryans rack. Easy to build and very sturdy. Was a great improvement for our kayak storage problem. Thanks Bryan - I have actually bookmarked your page - lots of good info in those photos.

Barb

CaribouS - red on white

>

>You wouldn't happen to have a quick set of instructions to

>go along with the pics for those don't build that many

>things?

>

Brian,

Never mind about the instructions. I didn't notice your comments under each picture until I ran the slideshow. It looks as simple as you suggest.