Lake George kayak camping trip Oct. 14-16

PeterB

Gary York and I are planning a kayak camping  trip to Lake George,( upstate NY) on the weekend after Columbus  Day. October 14-16, if any of you  kayak camping  NSPNers are interested.  The goal  will be to explore the islands in the middle of the lake amidst peak autumn foliage , hike to some peaks and ledges overlooking the lake,  and camp at one or more  of the many campsites in the area of  Lake George Narrows  (uninhabited at this time of year) , the  Mother Bunch Islands , or on the shores of Tongue Mountain. 

Put in  in will be Huletts Landing on the east side of the lake. (A three hour drive from Concord NH area)  This would be about an L3 paddling trip: Mileage per day is flexible,  
Paddling will be moderate ,  ambling and relaxed, (map below shows a day trip two years ago)  focused on exploration and stops to explore and walk on foot.(This is a beautiful wilderness area in Adirondack Park)  Camping options are innumerable, as the islands have  many campsites (now un inhabited, we'll have the choice  of dozens of islands to ourselves ) and also fine wild camping spots along the shores of Tongue Mountain.     

The main requirement for this trip to be equipped for autumn camping;   (suitable tent, sleeping bag, shelter, and cold /wet weather clothing and outerwear. Weather may just  be Indian summer sunny and warm to hot , but also may be wet and cold. Drysuits highly recommended , as staying warm and dry while  off the water  will be  required . We can get off the water at any time quickly , no tides or currents, but wind  waves can be significant , especially at the middle of the day. Water temperatures will be in the low 50"s, air temps anywhere from  mid-40's to 60's or higher.  
If you are interested , please let Gary or me know by PM on the message board  and we will plan details  by group PM .
I've been  looking forward to  this for a while now, and have  explored the lake by kayak years ago, and then again two years ago on the same weekend in October ( weather was autumn pleasant!)  and always want to go back. 

Lake George Oct 2015 .jpg 

Lake-George-Narrows fall.jpg

narrows .jpg

post-100369-0-03758900-1414468106.jpgpost-100369-0-89683300-1414418290.jpg

narrows 2.jpg