General Meeting - October 1 - UPDATED DIRECTIONS DUE TO FAIR

Suz

General Meeting - 10:00 a.m.

Paddle out of Pavilion Beach, Ipswich immediately following.

Coffee/Tea and bagels will be served.

Agenda to be posted (hopefully by Thursday).

Here are updated directions: AVOID TAKING EXIT 50 AND HEADING NORTH ON ROUTE 1 due to Topsfield Fair opening day October 1.

DIRECTIONS THAT AVOID THE TOPSFIELD FAIRGROUND ON ROUTE 1:

Take I-95 and get off on Exit 51, Endicott Road, if coming from the north, turn left if coming from the south, turn right and head towards Topsfield. Follow Endicott Road until it ends in a T and turn right onto Washington Street. Stay on that road until you reach a fork in the road behind the Congregational Church. Take the right fork, the church will be on your left and the common ahead of you on the left. Cross over the main street and turn left immediately. Go a few hundred yards and on your right will be the Gould Barn.

The parade leaves Topsfield at 9 a.m. so I expect things won't be too busy by 10 when we start the meeting.

REGULAR DIRECTIONS:

From the south, take Rt I-95, take exit 50, (Rt. 1 north, Topsfield. Follow that to Rt. 97 west into Topsfield. At the stop sign, the library will be on your left and a small side street immediately before the stop sign is on your right - that is East Common Street. Take a right onto this street and park in the lot on the right that is for the Emerson Center/Congregational Church.

From the north, take I-95 south to the Topsfield Rt. 97 exit. Proceed to Congregational Church on the right and Town Common on the left. Make a left turn onto Route 97 East, for 1/2 a second and then take a SHARP left onto East Common St and park in the lot on the right that is for the Emerson Center/Congregational Church.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike will be posting info shortly to the calendar but this is definitely on. The plan will be a 10:00 a.m. morning meeting and then a paddle out of Pavilion Beach Ipswich. Depending on numbers/skill levels/interests, we may separate into groups and go from there - lots to choose from.

Let me know via e-mail if you are able to lead or assist on this trip.

If you are interested in paddling, please send e-mail me the normal sign up info - for info see: http://www.nspn.org/how-to-sign-up.html

1) Your Name

2) Your ACA/NSPN member # and expiration date. If you have not yet received your ACA/NSPN card, forward a copy of the email acknowledging receipt of your application. If you are participating as a guest, state that you will be bringing the two waiver forms will be paying the required ACA fee specified on the waiver form.

3) a description of your boat (color, length, make)

4) an emergency contact for the day of the trip (name and phone#)

5) a way for the Trip Leader to contact you in the 36 hours before the trip (email and telephone)

6) if the Trip Leader does not already know you, include your "paddling resume", i.e., a brief description of your paddling experience. This can include recent NSPN trips you have been on, members or Leaders you regularly paddle with, classes taken, practice sessions attended, assessments completed, etc. It need not be more than a few sentences.

Please title e-mail Oct 1 general meeting.

Suzanne

suzanne dot hutchinson at comcast dot net

General Meeting - 10:00 a.m.

Paddle out of Pavilion Beach, Ipswich immediately following.

Coffee/Tea and bagels will be served.

Agenda to be posted (hopefully by Thursday).

Here are directions:

DIRECTIONS:

From the south, take Rt I-95, take exit 50, (Rt. 1 north, Topsfield. Follow that to Rt. 97 west into Topsfield. At the stop sign, the library will be on your left and a small side street immediately before the stop sign is on your right - that is East Common Street. Take a right onto this street and park in the lot on the right that is for the Emerson Center/Congregational Church.

From the north, take I-95 south to the Topsfield Rt. 97 exit. Proceed to Congregational Church on the right and Town Common on the left. Make a left turn onto Route 97 East, for 1/2 a second and then take a SHARP left onto East Common St and park in the lot on the right that is for the Emerson Center/Congregational Church.

For info about the Gould Barn and a picture of it so you know what to look for: http://home.tiac.net/~topshist/thjgbarn.htm

Suzanne

We are planning on 10-12 and then heading directly to Ipswich to launch from there. It takes about 20 minutes to get from Topsfield to Pavilion Beach, Ipswich.

It is possible to change into paddling gear at the Gould Barn before we head over.

Suz