Early Sat 9/26 paddle-Thompsons>>Spectacle>>Long Islands

detorres

Launch at 7:00 Am for an 11.5 Mile paddle past Thompsons,

Spectacle and around the tip of Long island then back along the west side of Long island under the ghost bridge. Launch from Malibu beach and be back before 11:00 am at 3 mph pace.

Sea kayaks 15' or longer, bulkheads, PFD, water, etc

regards

Pablo

Pablo,

I'm also planning on paddling the Boston Harbor Islands on Saturday, but was thinking about doing the outer islands, launching from Hull. Specifically, the Brewsters (inc. Boston Light) and the Georges/Gallops/Lovell group. Similar distance, but obviously a more open water paddle. Given the good weather that's currently being predicted, I'm thinking it's a great opportunity to tackle this. Here's a preliminary route... http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=6721979

Any interest in such a trip?

Tom

Hi All

I am not sure how to check if it is open.

I need to check with another paddler to see what alternatives are reasonable.

If we consider outer islands I would prefer launching out of Houghs neck marina. Windmill point is a long loop for me. I can paddle it faster than drive it .

Pablo

Pablo,

Just spoke to the buddy with whom I'm committed to paddle with on Saturday. He can't do an early launch. So, if you're time constrained, we'll have to pass on trying to join efforts. If you can tolerate an earlier start, I'm happy to entertain an alternative launch point for a trip to the outer islands.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tom

Pablo,

The area under/around the replacement bridge site has been closed to all boaters, including kayakers for a couple of weeks now. I would bet that it is closed, still, as Al mentioned. To be sure, you could call a local marina, or listen to your radio if can get get reception from home.

Bob

I confirmed with the CG that the passage is closed.

Trip route now launching at 7:00 am from houghs neck marina 137 Bay View Avenue, Quincy MA for a modest outer Island loop.

Pablo

PS

"Unfortunately do to a delay, the navigational channel is now expected to be remain closed this weekend.

Thanks
Respectfully,
Mark

Mark Cutter
Assist. Branch Chief
Waterways Management
USCG Sector Boston
427 Commercial St
Boston, MA 02109
617-223-4000 (Desk)
617-223-3032 (Fax)
617-447-1620 (Cell)