New to Sea Kayaking Workshop Another Success!

prudenceb

A good crowd - most of those who had signed up - showed up for the NTSKW at Gould Barn. Because it was overcast and damp when we arrived, we set up in inside - except for the Camper's Corner, which met arrivees as they walked toward the barn. We had a lot of boats inside and out. The weather cleared so that we were able to have small groups inside and out. Bob and Katherine both did really nice jobs of presenting to the whole group; and a supporting cast of thousands (Cathy, Blaine, Rob, Warren, the Other Doug, Glenn, Lisa and I'm sure others that I'm not thinking of at the moment) presided over small groups, gear and clothing table, food, camping area and so on. We had a lot of good feedback and I think have enticed some new members. A really fun day following the horrors of this past week in Boston. Smiles, questions, enthusiasm. All good.

pru

Thanks to all the NPSN people involved in the New to Sea Kayaking Workshop today. The slide show, camper's corner (destined to be a yearly tradition), boat and gear providers, food, presenters and leaders, NSPN peanut gallery - it was all good! - Bob

I want to say thank you to all dedicated organizers. I went to navigation and new to sea kayaking workshops, and both are great!! Glad to meet new some friends, Katheirne, Warren, pru, Cathy, ... and looking forward to meeting more new friends in the water:)

My parents were little worried about me going kayaking in the sea. I bought them with me to the new to sea kayaking workshop so they would have better understanding about this sport. After the workshop, my mom told me she also wants to give a try. lol

Robin, you made my day. Thank you for your feedback. I hope we'll be seeing both you AND your mom on the water.

Blaine