Need repair advice for hull damage

Ms. Dew

New member and new owner of a wilderness systems tsunami 145. Ended up gouging a spot on the hull while being bullish with my trolley. How can I repair? Is this better repaired by a pro vs watching a YouTube video and taking a blowtorch to it?

14 hours ago, Devon Winkler said:

New member and new owner of a wilderness systems tsunami 145. Ended up gouging a spot on the hull while being bullish with my trolley. How can I repair? Is this better repaired by a pro vs watching a YouTube video and taking a blowtorch to it?

Adding pics as requested. In the moment I thought it was bigger than how it looks today. Went for a paddle and can confirm I didn’t take on water from it.

IMG_9886.jpeg

IMG_9887.jpeg

While it's better to get these scars while challenging the rocks, I would ignore this and keep paddling. I assume you can't see it from the cockpit.

Could you expand on what's involved with "being bullish with my trolley"?

1 hour ago, Jim Snyder said:

While it's better to get these scars while challenging the rocks, I would ignore this and keep paddling. I assume you can't see it from the cockpit.

Could you expand on what's involved with "being bullish with my trolley"?

Can’t see it from cockpit. It’s actually behind on the port side.

Not sure how many launch from the park across from the rocky neck parking lot in Gloucester. The ramp certainly could be in better repair. Anyway, after a paddle, I was trying to come back up it and my trolley (the wheels you use for assistance) collapsed down. Instead of being patient and resting it up I just strong armed it up to the grass. I was thinking the resistance I felt was from the wheels grinding on its frame not on my kayak. Wondering what the best way to advocate for an improved ramp would be since I live here. Guessing a message to the waterways committee.

Edited by Devon Winkler

So it is a tire burn rather than a gouge?  The imbedded rubber contamination could be challenging for a successful DIY repair, so would suggest professional advice if a repair is desired. Plastic boats are generally quite resilient overall, and for that reason, many are covered in scratches along the bottom from being dragged over rocks (or launch ramps in desperate need of repair!), so I personally would let it be.