VHF waterproof case

Like everyone else at NSPN I don’t go out without my VHF.

I don’t like having it vertically on the shoulder strap and look like a rent-a-cop (all those who do at NSPN DON’T look like rent-a-cops) but have been carrying it in that little horizontal open space under the large chest pouch of my Astral Green Jacket, secured by a lanyard, something that Phil A. showed me many years ago and that really keeps it out of the way. It is therefore a little lower and gets submersed easily.
Although my Icom M73 is rated submersible that probably doesn’t mean it should be submerged frequently. I rinse it thoroughly after each use but am worried that this kind of use will wear it down faster. I noticed some salt crusting on some of the screws today.

Has anyone been regularly using a waterproof case and if yes which one? Any leakage issues? I am looking at an Aquapac model but reviews are mixed and they charge 40-50$ for that little 2c piece of plastic. Has anyone tried using the VHF through the pouch and transmitted/received without issues?

Thanks 

I have kept mine in a plastic zip-lock freezer bag in my front pfd pocket, and have successfully transmitted and received. I won't say it's easy... but a lighter plastic bag might work better. I too have lost radios all too soon to salt crust, which is why I keep it in the bag. Easy enough to pull it out if an emergency arises.