Binocular Harness?

rpg51

I frequently carry my waterproof binos around my neck with a fairly short strap while paddling a kayak or canoe.  I use them a lot for navigation and to see wildlife etc.  I wear one of two pdfs.  One is a standard kayaking type pdf vest.  The other is one of the minimalist inflatable horseshoe type that sailors often use. It depend on the situation I am in.  Warm calm protected water?  I use the inflatable.  Cold. rough, exposed?  Vest.  I find that the binos bounce around a lot when using just a strap.

Have any of you sorted out a way to use a harness of some sort to hold binos over your pdf, close to your chest and ready for use, without a lot of bouncing around?

To prevent bouncing around or when rolling, I stuff the binoculars in the top of my PFD.  It's not an ideal solution for a long paddle because it can put a little pressure on one's sternum.  But it works in a pinch. I also have a bino floatation strap and a plastic carabiner attached to the strap which clips onto a loop of my PFD.