Walden Pond Tuesdays in May and June

Dan Foster

We had a well-attended pond session at Walden yesterday, followed by a fun social gathering and celebration of Bill's return (to driving, at least) at Comella's Italian restaurant. It was decided that the group would like to take advantage of crowd-free days at Walden as much as possible during the early part of the season, so from here on out, the default plan will be to meet at Walden at 5PM on Tuesdays to paddle and practice. There are no scheduled nights on the river, or after-Walden socials currently planned. Feel free to organize one or spontaneously socialize, though!

Please RSVP on the calendar if you'll be attending, and check for a post on the Trips forum on the day of the event. If the turnout is low, the weather is lousy, or Walden is over-crowded, there may be a change of plans. But barring an announcement otherwise, you can expect that the Tuesday sessions will be ON, and will be starting at 5PM at Walden Pond from here on out.

• 1 month later...

I was the only person there at 5 last night - eventually I bumped into Romaine who came late and went swimming when she didn't see anyone around. There was no trip on the calendar to respond to. I had a nice hour or so of roll practice on my own, but it would be great to know if anyone else was going to show up so I would know whether to wait. Could we set up the July calendar? Or do like the Wednesday lunch group and have a thread for each week? I'd love some company.... also some coaching on the norsaq roll...

Kate

1 hour ago, kate said:

I was the only person there at 5 last night - eventually I bumped into Romaine who came late and went swimming when she didn't see anyone around. There was no trip on the calendar to respond to. I had a nice hour or so of roll practice on my own, but it would be great to know if anyone else was going to show up so I would know whether to wait. Could we set up the July calendar? Or do like the Wednesday lunch group and have a thread for each week? I'd love some company.... also some coaching on the norsaq roll...

Kate

I'll coach you, Kate!  ha ha ha ha ha.

I'm hoping for good weather next Tuesday as I've hardly been upside down this year what with one thing and another.  Would like to get back into routine!  I think we agreed to post each week whether we were going to see if we had quorum (two? three kayakers?)

I set up the early-season calendar sessions, figuring that the regulars would figure out how they wanted to run things going forward. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to attend many/any sessions this summer, so perhaps one of you wants to step up and post the weekly sessions in whatever style works best for you all.

If nobody posts something by Monday, I'll just post a recurring calendar event throughout the summer, with a note to create a weekly forum post for RSVPs.

I'd like to do some more Tuesday but I need to plan a couple days in advance.  I have to swap cars with my kid on Monday to get my boat on Monday which means I need to let him know Sunday night.  

I think I'm going to try to make it this week as I can't next week.  

-Ken

For this week, we should probably leave our RSVPs here, but starting next week it'd be great if the first person would make a new thread for just that week's event.  This will get very confusing if we keep posting at the bottom of this thread.

I brought my boat to work today so I'm planning on stop at Walden at around 4:45.

-K

8 minutes ago, carpy said:

Boohoo! Hope to see you tomorrow!

Ken, I’ll be there by 4:30 and a new member will also be joining us. See you then

I’ll bring The Form. 

Fingers crossed for tmrw!  Guys say goal is to finish job today, but....  I REALLY want to get out!