Astral Brewer water shoes...

Pintail

Where on earth did they come up with the name "Brewer", I wonder?  Obviously no link with ale that <I> can see...

However, I need advice from users of these shoes, please.  I bought a pair size 8 (because that <is> my regular size) and they are far too small in the length, with my big toe sticking right up hard against the front.  Anyone else have this problem?  Should I go a half-size up -- or even a full size?  I am fairly sure that there <are> some Astral users here?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Anyone wanting to buy (cheap) a pair of men's size 8 in black?

I've got a pair of Brewers to wear at the shop (Newbury Kayak and Canoe) when I started there in 2016.  Needed something for both the waterfront and in the shop and they've worked out great.  Can wade right in and then walk out and by the time I get to the shop they not only are drained by partially dry.  Also, the quick drain features mean that a lot less water is carried into the boats and the low profile helps me fit my good sized feet into a lot of different boats.

I normally wear an 11.5 and went a half size up to a 12 and the length was fine.  But milage may vary depending on the particulars of your feet.  I did find the width tight for the first season, but they loosened up and are now really comfortable.  

I'd suggest you give Astral a call direct - every time I did they were very friendly and helpful - even spoke to Spencer the guy in the video when he picked up the phone.

I now also have a pair of Astral Porters, not for any good reason, just liked the look. - also in a 12.  I've worn both in kayaks and canoes.

Here's a picture of the Brewers at the start of today's paddle - wearing wool socks, dry suit (Stholquist Swift - nice) booties.  Fit very comfortably.

IMG_1076.JPG