GPS-watches

Inverseyourself

It will probably have the same functions, more or less, but in a different format.

There are a couple of things about tracks you might want to know up front.  These are about my old device, because I haven't used the new one much yet, but as I say they seem very similar.

1.  You don't need to "save" a track on the device.  It automatically starts new tracks and they are there until you delete them or run out of memory.  All saving does is name them.  And since the track has timestamp and location inherent in it, you probably won't need names.

2.  The device starts a new track under 2 conditions:  On powerup, and when it acquires the satellites.  That means you get an extra short "track" every time you power up.  This track has the location of the last place you used the device, but the current timestamp.  Then when it gets the satellites it starts a new track.  The short one can be deleted when you get it up on the computer.  I'm in the habit of just deleting all tracks with under 2 or 3 points.  The device will also start a new track after a capsize or roll, because it can't get the satellites under water.  You can join the tracks in BaseCamp if you want (and the location of the capsize or roll might be interesting, too).

Lisa