NSPN MidWinter Party and Members Annual Meeting, Saturday, January 28, 2017

prudenceb

NSPN MidWinter/Cabin Fever Breakout Party and Members Annual Meeting, Saturday, January 28, 2017  Gould Barn

5 pm Members Meeting

6 pm to whenever Party!

I know, I know, it's still 2016 and we haven't gotten through all the holiday parties flooding social calendars at this time of year.  But 2017 is just around the corner, which means that our annual party and general members meeting is just around maybe two corners.

Please mark on your calendars!  The NSPN Members Annual Meeting will precede the party.  It's an opportunity for club members to hear about what's being planned for the new year, to ask questions, provide ideas and have input into the club's functioning.  The club is YOU, so please come!

As always, the party that follows will feature food (provided potluck by our estimable chef paddler members...which is to say everyone who attends), music, slide show and AWESOME CHARITY RAFFLE of kayaking related stuff and ART WORK generously donated by members and friends - all proceeds of which benefit MITA, MCHT and Salem Sound Watch.

As I have the past couple of years, I'm reaching out to artists and photographers to donate a piece of your work.  We have relied on the same few generous people each year, but we know that there are many others of you who take great photos or paint or whatever.  Please consider joining in and donating!  Art works have been just about the most popular raffle items and we'd really like to expand the repertoire.  Anyone willing to donate should contact either Janice or Pru.

So...mark the date and come and enjoy the fun!  Newer members particularly encouraged - it's a great way to meet fellow paddlers!

Pru Baxter and Janice Cotton, NSPN party committee

• 1 month later...

We hope everyone has their calendars marked for both the General Meeting at 5:00 and the 6:00 start of the Winter Cabin Fever Breakout Party. Don't forget it's a potluck and byob and bring money for the wonderful raffle items!  Last year we had a bumper year for generous raffle items donated. All proceeds go directly to three non profits that support the water environment (MITA, MCHT and Salem Sound Watch). There's still time to donate! 

See you there! 

Janice and Pru

PS Bring food! Come hungry! 

• 2 weeks later...

Pot luck for the party

Please post what you are planning to bring so we don't end up with all desserts.  You can post specifics or category. 

I'm bringing a vegan dessert and a quinoa  veggie dish with a tahini miso citrus dressing. 

Janice