Parade of Lights and/or Sail this weekend

eneumeier

Big Schooner Festival weekend in Gloucester. Schedule here: http://www.capeannvacations.com/schooner/schedule/

Is anyone interested in joining me for one or both of these:

Saturday night Parade of Lights: We could launch at around 6:30 PM, paddle around Gloucester Harbor for sunset and return to watch the parade of lights that starts at 7:30 PM but really is a bit more like 8 PM. NOTE: Be sure you are comfortable in choppy water, in the dark due to the amount of boat wake. Also, this trip means paying attention. We would likely have to return by following the shore all the way around the inner harbor to avoid crossing the channels while the "lit" boats are on parade. We would be getting off the water around 10 PM.

Sunday morning parade of sail: 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 noon, Parade of Sail as Schooners proceed from Inner Harbor, past the Fishermen's Memorial on Stacy Boulevard, to the race starting area off Eastern Point. This will be the first time the new schooner "Ardelle" participates. We would launch at 10:00 AM, back whenever we choose. People might want to paddle out to watch the race. I need to be off the water by 3 PM.

Liz

Liz, I expect I'll join you Sunday morning. Folks should be aware that the Maritime Gloucester Heritage (formerly known as Gloucester Maritime Heritage -- go figure!) will be open free of charge all day, Saturday, 1000 to 1700 -- it is well-worth a visit!

Since there seems to be no one for tonight, I will skip that.

If you want to see the parade of sails, be ready to launch at 10:00 AM from the Chamber of Commerce parking lot area, Pavilion Beach, Commercial Street on Sunday morning.

Liz

Hi Liz.

This sounds great. Hope to make it depending on wife's plans.

Any chance you could mark or describe the put-in location more specifically? It is not on the NSPN list. I see Commercial Street that heads out to the "Park at Fort Point" on the map.

Al

Any chance you could mark or describe the put-in location more specifically? It is not on the NSPN list. I see Commercial Street that heads out to the "Park at Fort Point" on the map.

Al

Follow Commercial Street toward "Park at Fort Point" and pull into the second parking lot right after the big red brick building that says Chamber of Commerce on it. This is where the finish line festivities are for the Blackburn Challenge, if you have ever been there for that. Liz