Lane's to Rockport & back

Phil Allen

Bob, Glen, (the other) Doug, Kate, Kevin, Tyson and Emily (in their racing tandem) and I turned right out of Lane's and headed up the coast to see what could be seen. A little rock play, a lot of conversation and mild conditions made for an excellent trip. Some pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066...mp;l=5b0efa6d76

Good to paddle with your all.

Phil

Bob, Glen, (the other) Doug, Kate, Kevin, Tyson and Emily (in their racing tandem) and I turned right out of Lane's and headed up the coast to see what could be seen. A little rock play, a lot of conversation and mild conditions made for an excellent trip. Some pics here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2066...mp;l=5b0efa6d76

Good to paddle with your all.

Phil

Phil,

A nice mild trip, but with a little bump on the way over to Rockport to make it interesting. Meetings with new friends Kate and Christopher (back on the beach) were also fun.

Finally, very much appreciated Glen's demonstration of the new sport of kayak rock climbing!

Thanks for calling it.

Bob

Phil,

A nice mild trip, but with a little bump on the way over to Rockport to make it interesting. Meetings with new friends Kate and Christopher (back on the beach) were also fun.

Finally, very much appreciated Glen's demonstration of the new sport of kayak rock climbing!

Thanks for calling it.

Bob

Glenster, your the man. Great shot of you rock climbing.

Doug

Glenster, your the man. Great shot of you rock climbing.

Doug

...I guess I was mistaken when I thought that rock climbing and kayaking were two different sports. ;)

It was also kind of Glen to hold the pose there for a few minutes while all of us and everyone at Halibut point took pictures.

I finally got out pictures of this trip posted. After lunch near Rockport,Emilie and I head for a lap around Thatcher. We came back by way of the partially submerged breakwater. About a mile or so out from our return to Lanes, Leon did a fly by in his Epic 18x; he was on about mile 30 for the day. At one point nearing lanes I was putting in some strong strokes and getting the stick to bite the water clean and hard. ...and I heard a crack come from near the middle of the paddle. I poked, prodded, studied, put in a few more strong strokes and it _SEEMED_ to be OK. That will be a topic of my next post.

PicasaWeb

20100627-143826c-NSPN-LanesThatcher.jpg