Sat. Paddle in the Portsmouth area 6/7

Kevin B (RPS Coach)

G and I might be paddling in the Portsmouth area on Sat. No particular route in mind at the moment, but Gerrish might be an option or perhaps Odiorne to Rye Harbor . Post here if interested. All are welcome to join us.

I was hoping to do some paddling this weekend, so I'd be up for that. For the record, it would be my first time in the water this season. Last year there was an NSPN trip in August with a group of about 20 where folks ended up surfing into a beach and you (Kevin) rode up onto a rock on the way back. Was that Odiorne/Rye Harbor? If so, I can handle that again.

Kevin Fredette

Fun day, lots of great people, lots of fun "adventures"... as Brian said in his trip report... "if you weren't getting wet, you weren't having fun" ...or something like that.

Kevin and Whatsyername: what about Sunday? You always seem to plan for the days I cannot manage...

Damn, I wish we could do the Portsmouth trip on Sunday. However, I might be paddling in the Cape Porpoise area on Sunday if you're interested (it depends on whether a paddle/meeting scheduled for the that day comes off or not). Unfortunately, if that falls through, I'll be helping out at REI Demo Day. Are you off on Monday? Might be up for an early morning dash around Cape Ann:)

QUOTE(Kevin B @ Jun 3 2008, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
G and I might be paddling in the Portsmouth area on Sat. No particular route in mind at the moment, but Gerrish might be an option or perhaps Odiorne to Rye Harbor . Post here if interested. All are welcome to join us.

Looks like we're leaning towards Gerrish but we're flexible. 11:30 am put in over at Ordiorne (This means butts in boats and on the water. Latecomers will have to catch up with us on the water (I'll be on 72)). The final decision as to which way to head will be made by the group at the put-in.

"Are you off on Monday? Might be up for an early morning dash around Cape Ann:) "

Ah, now you're talking! I'll be in touch -- sounds like a good idea. My new boat needs a proper trip!

Suwin: For what it's worth, I'm planning to be there and it will be my first time out this season as well. I think we were both on the Odiorne trip last year and kept a similar pace. So we'll be in the same boat, so to speak.

Kevin Fredette

Hi Kevin,

How long of a trip are you thinking of? Haven't been on the water yet this year.

Suwin

Hi Kevin,

The booth was closed at the boat ramp last weekend. If it's open it's $5 to Launch. There is free parking and launching across the woodden bridge on the west side of the creek but you have to be cautious of the tides. Another great launch spot in Little Harbor is at Fort Stark in Newcastle. You can see it across the harbor from Odiorne. Nice parking lot and great beach for launching. From Rt.1A Take Rt. 1B to Newcastle turn right onto Wild Rose Lane just past the Wentworth By the Sea Hotel. If you get to Newcastle Commons park you've gone just a tad too far.

http://www.nhstateparks.com/fortstark.html

Google Map Link below

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...021715&z=15

I may end up joining you folks as I live in Hampton

Neil

Hi Kevin,

The booth was closed at the boat ramp last weekend. If it's open it's $5 to Launch. There is free parking and launching across the woodden bridge on the west side of the creek but you have to be cautious of the tides. Another great launch spot in Little Harbor is at Fort Stark in Newcastle. You can see it across the harbor from Odiorne. Nice parking lot and great beach for launching. From Rt.1A Take Rt. 1B to Newcastle turn right onto Wild Rose Lane just past the Wentworth By the Sea Hotel. If you get to Newcastle Commons park you've gone just a tad too far.

http://www.nhstateparks.com/fortstark.html

Google Map Link below

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...021715&z=15

I may end up joining you folks as I live in Hampton

Neil

Almost forgot to mention that. We'll be putting in as usual at the dirt lot on the left before you head over the wooden bridge.