Tues, Wed 2+(3-?) Mellow Paddle

alcoons

I have not managed to get out on the ocean this year so I am looking for a very low key paddle this week. Tuesday and Wed look like great days weather wise right now. Low tides around 9 AM and high around 3:30 PM. 8-10 miles maybe. Comfortable pace. Shakedown cruise. Marblehead to Willows or out in the sound, Tucks Point north, Pavilion-fox creek - Essex Bay, or ????

Al

Cetus

red/white

Sound great I'm free Wednesday. Plum Island sound, Essex river sound appealing.

Bob

Hi Bob.

Are you thinking of launching at Pavillion, Fox Creek, up to Essex or launching at Conomo? Either way with the late high tide (Tue 3:15, Wed 4:04), I guess it would have to be an after lunch launch. Should be very hot and high humidity in the afternoon. If you want to do a morning paddle we need to switch locations I think.

I will know more about when I can go this afternoon (Monday). Would like to go Tuesday if I can. Will post here ASAP.

Hi Bob.

Are you thinking of launching at Pavillion, Fox Creek, up to Essex or launching at Conomo? Either way with the late high tide (Tue 3:15, Wed 4:04), I guess it would have to be an after lunch launch. Should be very hot and high humidity in the afternoon. If you want to do a morning paddle we need to switch locations I think.

I will know more about when I can go this afternoon (Monday). Would like to go Tuesday if I can. Will post here ASAP.

Could do low tide launch at ramps in downtown Essex or the on on Rt1a at Parker River. I've launched a canoe from the Plum Island bridge not sure of low tide conditions there. There's also a ramp on the Ipswich River in Ipswich but there's a charge there and that doesn't resolve Fox Creek. I've launched at Conomo at fairly low tide without much problem.

Your call as long as it's mellow, I haven't been on salt water this year and only a couple easy jaunts on fresh water so far.

Why don't we meet around 11:30 and launch tomorrow (Tuesday) at noon from Conomo. That is mid-tide with water coming in. Sounds like you want to do the river so we could follow the tide in or head over towards plum island and to Fox Creek and back. Just keep it mellow and explore. Easy pace and turn around when we feel like it. Does that make sense?

Al

PS. I am sending you my cell number directly.