Surfski Basics for the Beginner Now Available

The 1st ever informational DVD on Surfskiing is now available from the new website Surfskiracing.com. The DVD is geared for the sea kayaker or paddler who wants to learn more about surfskiing, how to buy a surfski, safety around surfskis, and tips to lessen the learning curve. It was filmed at McCorrie Point, Portsmouth,RI by myself and Mark Ceconi.

I also launched the Surfskiracing.com a few weeks ago also to promote surfskiing in the US. In a few weeks it will have the 1st ever comprehensive surfski racing schedule in the US. Even if you don't plan on paddling a ski, take a peek at the site and take a look around. Scroll over the key words and tabs for training, paddler profiles, pics, gps tracks of races, my garage, etc. A 2 minute trailer is on the website to promote the DVD on the DVD tab. As you know, the surfskis make up one of the largest class of boats at the Blackburn and certainly the fastest outside a few racing sculls. Enjoy! Thanks! Wesley Echols, Portsmouth, RI