Incident Management Training June 12th South Portland, Maine

During this workshop we will be looking at various skills and tactics for a safe and enjoyable journey.  Using towing, on water repairs and various scenarios we will grow our knowledge of safety skills.  This course will take place in both calm and dynamic waters (if available) to learn and test these skills and tactics.   The course will be limited to 6 participants so please consider signing up early!

• June 12th 9am-4pm

• Southern Maine

• $115/ per person

To register please click here

About the course delivery staff:

Jonathan Oltz

I coach because I love watching people learn.  As a coach I believe in a participant-led approach that gives students the freedom to learn, process and grow at their own pace. My responsibility to learners is to be caring, patient and recognize their accomplishments.  I will always be attentive to my learners needs and provide a wholesome approach to their physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.

The ocean has given me a deeper understanding of myself as a person and as a mentor.  Over my career as a coach I hope to empower others to enjoy the sea in a safe, mindful and healthy environment.

Jonathan grew up on the Hudson River but didn’t discover sea kayaking, mostly by accident, until his early 20’s.  From there he has paddled most coastal New England as well as the Canadian Maritimes, Wales and Iceland.  Early in his journey into paddlesports he was introduced to British Canoeing which has developed as a leader and coach.  Below is list of of his current qualifications:

British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader & Coach

British Canoeing Sea Kayak Leader Award Provider & Assessor

British Canoeing Personal Performance Awards Provider

Registered Maine Sea Kayak Guide 

ACA L3 River Kayaking Instructor

P&H Sea Kayaks Ambassador

Edited by SeaKayakNE