Walden or White Pond September 10th, 2019 (Probably my last for 2019)

billvoss

I'm hoping someone else will also post they are coming, so I don't have to drive home during rush hour around 5pm Tuesday after working with my White-Water rolling student.

We might be meeting at White Pond this week (details in this old calendar entry) because Walden Pond is currently closed while police search for a missing man.  Will decide which venue Tuesday based on https://twitter.com/waldenpondstate.

Though someone else can post an event for the following week if they wish, I will be out of town.  By September 24th sunset will be 06:38:50 PM which will probably mean the NSPN Walden after work sessions are finished for 2019.

According to CBS Boston Body Of Missing Cambridge Man Found In Walden Pond report dated September 9, 2109 at 1:19pm.  So there is a good chance they will reopen the boat launch Tuesday.  Though they haven't done so as I post this.

What they have done is moved the close time a half hour earlier.  So they will be locking the boat ramp gate at 6:30pm assuming they reopen the boat launch.  Which means we would have to get off the water around 6pm.

Unfortunately, I strained my back about an hour ago.  I hope it will be all better by morning.  However, my own ability to attend Tuesday has become uncertain.

Unless someone else posts before noon that they definitely want to go this Tuesday, I won't be taking a kayak to Walden or White's Pond tomorrow.