Casco Bay, June 1st. Peaks & Cushing Islands

Doug

Casco Bay, June 1st. Peaks & Cushing Islands

PERFECT DAY TO BE ON CASCO BAY

Also took the opportunity to demo some of Tom's boats at Maine Island Kayak... http://www.maineislandkayak.com/

Air temp in the mid 80's with winds fluctuating to 5mph in the am to 25 in the afternoon.

some pics of the trip:

http://www.pixel8er.net/Other/Casco-Bay-Peaks/29761660_zxNCkR#!i=2549580262&k=tr6VkDK

Doug

where is that stone rotunda? i've never seen that on peaks and cushing is privately owned - there isn't any public access.

I sent you a PM on FB with the exact location.

Perhaps we took much needed recluse from the wind in a bad spot, which happened to be an awesome one. I wish I had the nerve to pull out the camera when it was really blowing hard but conditions forced me to keep it tucked in my vest.

Doug

So you were trespassing but you were trespassing with justification? Pictures don't do justice to the conditions.

Glad you boys made it back from a trip so harrowing that you'd land on a privately held island that absolutely, clearly and without any question, doesn't want you on it.

Conditions so bad that you had to land there - I can't believe there's not a better story than the trip report you posted - lessons to be learned and all that.

Just to change the subject, I'm impressed someone can take clear, in focus pictures while paddling along in some wind chop. When I try that all I get is various fuzzy globs.

Ed Lawson

Though I wasn't on this paddle trip I love trespassing by justification. (Though sometimes stated as justification by rationalization.)

Nice pictures, they always seem to have an extra clarity to them

Finding places where we are unwelcome in Maine or this country is not that difficult it would seem. I think the main lessons I have learned over the years is not to bother telling people where I paddle, till eventually I seldom write reports of any length and don't carry a camera.

I find that to be a negative lesson but a lesson I have learned well.

Old enough to remember.... "signs, signs everywhere a sign...sign said said long haired freaky people need not apply" yet that was not enough to stop anything either.

With all the violence and illnesses in the world..trespassing on some speck of a place is close to meaningless some might say.

however the one sign I did pay close attention to was the one that said...

"Notify next of kin before trespassing"

..those tend to catch your attention a bit more....

...Happy paddling, stay safe..

Edited by spider