Muscle Ridge Camping Weekend Sept 28-30

gyork

Come out and camp/paddle during the most pleasant season! Home Base will be Lobster Buoy Campsites in S. Thomaston, Maine, (http://lobsterbuoycampsites.com/?publisher=4846312192) gathered at the Group Site ($10/head/nite). Arrive Friday, leave Sunday. Paddling options abound: NE to Owls Head, SE to Muscle Ridge, or SW to Port Clyde. Anyone down for a full-moon nite paddle? Typical pot-luck evening buffet (proper attire please) for those so inclined to participate. Post interest here or PM.

gary

How many miles do you think you will be putting in daily? Thanks,

Pam

Hi Pam. Though I haven't discussed with the committed group of a dozen, perhaps Fri will be a "short" day (under 10 NM) to explore the Muscle Ridge Islands. Sat will likely be a day for up to 3 trips: Southwest to Port Clyde and/or Tenants Harbor (15-20NM), Northeast to Owl's Head (10-12 NM), or back to Muscle Ridge.

How late can we decide if we are able to make it?

The sooner the better for pre-trip planning/group communication, though there is no limit to group size, so we would welcome last-minute add-ons.

gary

I have reserved a group tenting site, presumably grass. When you arrive at the campground pay your fees for the nites you will be there. Tell the attendant you are with the York group and ask where to dump your boat first, then where to park car. I would suggest arriving by 10:00, so that we can plan to launch before noon for day 1 trip. PM me with other questions/concerns.

gary

• 2 weeks later...