Saturday 10/31 Halloween

subaruguru

Predicted warm (65F) and mostly sunny, 13kn SSW. Last chance for a summery (wetsuit) paddle?

Too early in the morn for novel ideas, so maybe aunch off Lane's again SW to play off Crane's?...or Tuck's Point SW to the islands, or...?

Predicted warm (65F) and mostly sunny, 13kn SSW. Last chance for a summery (wetsuit) paddle?

Too early in the morn for novel ideas, so maybe aunch off Lane's again SW to play off Crane's?...or Tuck's Point SW to the islands, or...?

Haven't been SW out of Tuck's for a while. Had enough of confused water for now!

aaand further up north is another Pumpkin Hunt

http://www.greatmaine.com/smskn/showlist.asp

10/31/2009 Saturday

The Great Pumpkin Hunt

You’ve heard of Easter egg hunts. This is the kayakers’ version, held in October on a Casco Bay island. The SMSKN Pumpkin Hunt was a fine tradition in the early years of the club, and it’s time to hold one again. Halloween even falls on a Saturday this year!

If the weather is settled and winds light, we will depart from East End Beach in Portland at 9:30 a.m. and paddle together over to Fort Gorges. Your hosts will hide several pumpkins in the nooks and crannies of the fort, and it will be your task to find them. The pumpkins will be small enough to fit through your kayak’s front hatch opening. Excellent prizes will be awarded to those finding special pumpkins.

If the weather is somewhat unsettled, we will depart from Winslow Park in Freeport and visit a nearby island. I will post an update here by 7 p.m. on Friday, 10/30.

After the hunt and lunch, people can choose to return to the launch ramp or join others in more circuitous return trips.

Since the water temperature is dropping as well as the air temperature, you are strongly encouraged to wear a wetsuit or drysuit when participating in this trip. Other costume choices in line with the day are optional.

Please contact me at Lee if you would like to join the Pumpkin Hunt or if you have any questions. This will help me get the proper number of pumpkins and prizes. It will also aid communications if we need to shift the put-in location to Freeport.

. Difficulty: 1 - Easy; Category: Day Paddle; Location: Portland or Freeport, Meet: 9:30 AM, East End Beach or Winslow Park; Organizer: Lee Bumsted, 799-1855, lab123@maine.rr.com.

Rene

Hi Ern and others..

If you want to travel a little further North we have a great paddle planned for Halloween.

NE Seacoast Paddlers Halloween Paddle on the Squamscott

Neil

I'm up for either Tucks or Crane's again. Looks like temps are going to get into the 70's but it is going to be windy.

Barry.

With a strong S wind tomorrow it might make sense to go out to the Dry Breakers from Tuck's.

I've changed my mind. With Force 4 to 5 conditions brewing tomorrow I'd like to go out Sunday instead. Conditions should be better though perhaps with a sprinkle or two. Anyone else agree?

I've changed my mind. With Force 4 to 5 conditions brewing tomorrow I'd like to go out Sunday instead. Conditions should be better though perhaps with a sprinkle or two. Anyone else agree?

Gene,

Sunday is fine with me. Thanks for calling it.

Bob

Gene, you can count me in too.

Meet at 11:00AM BIB 11:30AM Tuck's Point. Ern & Barry are you in?

Not sure. Bought three Subies this week so may have to work...plus I need a Maddie fix.

Will know after the Trick-or-Treaters leave tonight.

Ern