Hermit Island

boatbossbsb

Thanks Ed, for letting us piggy back on your Greenland weekend.

What a great weekend for paddling! Sunny days, awesome sunsets, moon lit nights, with only a brief rain shower Sunday night. The food was awesome (steak, paella, gourmet pizza). The campground area we were in was pretty isolated so it was nice (although guest parking was a hassle). My waterfront campsite had decent access, except for low, low tide which was an interesting trick to launch kayaks in the mud but we did it. Saturday's euro paddle went from Head beach over to the mouth of the Kennebec River around Pond Island before heading back. It was an incredible trip. Highlights included paddling with about 40 seals and some interesting current Kennebec around Pond Island. The bouncy trip back left me a tad seasick. Sunday and Monday were spent exploring Branch, Small Point Harbor and back out to Seal Cove where two seals appeared before we headed home.

here's a link to a collection of photos (thanks Joyce!) from the weekend;

http://kayakadventures.shutterfly.com/hermitisland

What a great weekend for paddling! Sunny days, awesome sunsets, moon lit nights, with only a brief rain shower Sunday night. The food was awesome (steak, paella, gourmet pizza). The campground area we were in was pretty isolated so it was nice (although guest parking was a hassle). My waterfront campsite had decent access, except for low, low tide which was an interesting trick to launch kayaks in the mud but we did it. Saturday's euro paddle went from Head beach over to the mouth of the Kennebec River around Pond Island before heading back. It was an incredible trip. Highlights included paddling with about 40 seals and some interesting current Kennebec around Pond Island. The bouncy trip back left me a tad seasick. Sunday and Monday were spent exploring Branch, Small Point Harbor and back out to Seal Cove where two seals appeared before we headed home.

here's a link to a collection of photo from the weekend;

http://kayakadventures.shutterfly.com/hermitisland

Great photos Betty

Betty:

More like a few GP folks crashed your weekend it seemed to me.

It was glorious weather and nice paddling. Next time there will hopefully be more folks around and conditions/tide such that a trip to Seguin would fit in and a trip up to Cundy's Harbor.

Great picture and glad you had a nice time on and of water.

Stay tuned for Cousin's to Whaleboat in Nov....maybe.

Ed Lawson