Squam Lake Foliage Paddle - Sept 27 - Update

cathyfoley

This is a NE Seacoast Paddlers event (formerly Seacoast Paddlers). Anyone from NSPN is invited to paddle with us.

Weather for Saturday is possible rain and 10-15 mph winds, gusting higher at times. This event is on, rain or shine. Foliage is light due to the warm weather, but reports from the area are that things are starting to turn nicely. Dress for rain and possible immersion, bring a change of warm clothes in a dry bag and lunch.

Sat. Sept 27, 11:00 a.m.

No RSVP, just show up at the launch and be ready to paddle at 11:00

Drop boats at the boat ramp located at the Squam Lake Association. Pay $5 launch/parking fee. Parks cars above in large lot next to the main building.

Paddle will be 8-10 miles at a very leisurely pace (about 4 hours) Squam is a large lake...so wind creates waves over the long fetch.

Lots of local restaurants for after paddle dining.

If you've never paddled Squam...don't miss this great foliage paddle.

Squam Lake Association is located in Rte 3 in Holderness, NH.

This info is also on the NSPN Calendar as this event is a bit in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Heidi,

Yes the event is still happening, as far as foliage it should be starting to change by the end of the month especially up north.

See the link below for more info. or if you want to get updates of this event

NE Seacoast Paddlers - Squam Lake Paddle Sept. 27

- Neil

I will be there also, should be a fun day if its rough

Squam can have rather "interesting" wind chop, but I suspect it will be more wet than rough Sat.

Currently winds are not predicted to be high at all for Sat.

Ed Lawson

Squam can have rather "interesting" wind chop, but I suspect it will be more wet than rough Sat.

Currently winds are not predicted to be high at all for Sat.

Ed Lawson

Weather is looking better every hour. By afternoon, the bulk of the rain may even be by us, although I expect we'll get some. Then again...this strom could hang around and it'll be raining cats and dogs.....in any event...we'll be paddling.