Towing scenarios

gyork

Much banter lately about tow line gear and configurations. Can someone recommend a good reference (internet, DVD, book) that describes, IN DETAIL, the how-tos of different towing scenarios, including short-tow, specifically addressing the various contact points, and who is responsible to clip/unclip the various set-ups. Perhaps it is as simple as clip and tow, but as a land-locked kayaking gypsy, I seem to have missed these various classes. Thanks in advance-Gary

Much banter lately about tow line gear and configurations. Can someone recommend a good reference (internet, DVD, book) that describes, IN DETAIL, the how-tos of different towing scenarios, including short-tow, specifically addressing the various contact points, and who is responsible to clip/unclip the various set-ups. Perhaps it is as simple as clip and tow, but as a land-locked kayaking gypsy, I seem to have missed these various classes. Thanks in advance-Gary

gary -

every wednesday at lake gardner (well, deluge such as last night notwithstanding) and then if folks want to get together on the 15th before the mita thing, i'm open to that...i'll post it under trips.

I found this at AKT:

http://atlantickayaktours.com/PDF/No-Uploa...lets/Towing.pdf

Take Rick up on his sessions!

Towing is one of those subjects that needs to be worked on with people that know their stuff at first. While the actual "tow" itself may not seem that complicated, its the set up,s protocals, procedures, and saftey concerns that you MUST be aware of. When you talk TOW you are putting a line in the water thats attached to you and or your boat! A line in the water is serious business.

From there Baby steps. Flat water, conditions, surf..