Looking for group paddles..

clayaway1

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the site, and I have no paddle partners, and I was wondering if there is ever any group paddles in the seacoast NH, southern Maine area? I'm bored of Solo Paddling, so I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Josh

Hey everyone!

I'm new to the site, and I have no paddle partners, and I was wondering if there is ever any group paddles in the seacoast NH, southern Maine area? I'm bored of Solo Paddling, so I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks

Josh

Josh,

Welcome to the club! The 2008 paddling season is still young for a lot of paddlers in the club. Keep an eye on the Trips section of the site for group paddles. In the meantime, try to make it one of the many skills sessions held on weeknights to meet people in the club.

I was wondering if there is ever any group paddles in the seacoast NH, southern Maine area?

Oh yes. What type of trips are you looking to do? Email me at elawson@grizzy.com for a few details of what goes on in the norther reaches of the club. There are numerous folks in the Portsmouth area who paddle quite regularly. There might be a paddle this weekend, but many are going to be on Gary's Jewell trip. Things have been slow over the past two months due to other things, but that is changing.

Ed Lawson

There's a skills session at Great Pond in Kingston, NH this Tuesday, which would be a good way to meet some people in the club from the Southern New Hampshire area. Check the calendar section, which can be found near the top of this page.

The Portsmouth area is a pretty popular paddling spot for NSPN'ers . Launches are most often from Odiorne Point/ Seavey Creek, Pierce's Island, or Frisbee Wharf in Kittery. There will no doubt be a trip in this area before too long.

Hey everyone!

Thanks

Josh

Hi Josh. I am in the same "boat." Pun intended. Would like to test my skills more but I would like someone around should I find my skills don't match up to the conditions. I live on Plum Island but I am willing to drive up your way or meet you halfway. Or if you are interested in paddling around the Plum Island area that would be good too. My e-mail is mwgesq@comcast.net if you are interested.

Mark

Hey everyone!

Thanks

Josh

Josh:

Post a trip as a show & go....I'm sure you'll have people come. I'm sure there will be many paddling opportunities in the area from others who post also. As Peter B mentioned, there is a Tuesday night skills session in Kingston NH and also a group that meets at Lake Gardner in Amesbury MA on Wednesdays.

Seacoastkaykers Group on Yahoo (groups.yahoo.com/gropup/seacoast_kayakers) has group paddles every Wednesday night and alternating Saturdays and Sundays. This is a recreational group that only paddles flat water in the organized group paddle, but they are lots of fun. Several members of that group are NSPN members who do paddle in the ocean, but get together privately. Some of the Wed and Sat/Sun paddles are in Maine. You're most welcome to come and paddle.

Post a trip as a show & go....I'm sure you'll have people come.

Bingo! If you have a favorite trip you plan on doing or a trip you would like to do and would enjoy having some folks along, then post it as a S&G or regular whatever NSPN trip. All you are doing is offering an opportunity for others. You do not need to be a "leader" or have any particular skill set to post a trip. By posting you will meet people who paddle, some of whom may have very good skill sets and from whom you may learn a great deal, and you help create a wider circle of folks/friends with whom to paddle.

Going to the skill sessions is no doubt a great way to meet people with whom to paddle too.

If you don't feel like posting a coastal trip, there are other nice paddles in the Portsmouth area such as wandering about the islands from Pierce to Little harbor, trip up to Salmon Falls, and going through Chauncey Creek to Brave Boat Harbor and back. All offer essentially protected paddling.

Ed Lawson