Drysuit Repair & Maintenance Workshop- Feb 20

cathyfoley

Just a reminder...the drysuit repair and maintenance workshop is tomorrow night. Even if you don't yet own a drysuit or drytop, but are contemplating getting one...this is the workshop for you!

NSPN will be presenting a drysuit repair and maintenance workshop at the Gould Barn in Topsfield, MA, Wednesday evening, February 20 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. This workshop is free and open to all NSPN members who would like to attend.

Suzanne Hutchinson, NSPN member and currently a regional representative for Kokatat will be the presenter.

We'll set up the barn so everyone can get a great view as Suzanne will demonstrate how to replace a latex gasket (either hood or wrist). She'll also cover general care and maintenance, and what to consider when buying a drysuit.

Doors will open at 6:30. Feel free to bring your own "brown bag" dinner and favorite beverage as we'll have tables set up.

Just a reminder...the drysuit repair and maintenance workshop is tomorrow night. Even if you don't yet own a drysuit or drytop, but are contemplating getting one...this is the workshop for you!

NSPN will be presenting a drysuit repair and maintenance workshop at the Gould Barn in Topsfield, MA, Wednesday evening, February 20 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. This workshop is free and open to all NSPN members who would like to attend.

Suzanne Hutchinson, NSPN member and currently a regional representative for Kokatat will be the presenter.

We'll set up the barn so everyone can get a great view as Suzanne will demonstrate how to replace a latex gasket (either hood or wrist). She'll also cover general care and maintenance, and what to consider when buying a drysuit.

Doors will open at 6:30. Feel free to bring your own "brown bag" dinner and favorite beverage as we'll have tables set up.

Several people have replied that they will be attending, but there is still room for more.

Several people have replied that they will be attending, but there is still room for more.

If anyone has any gear or clothing concerns, please feel free to bring the garmet in for inspection.

Last time I did this, we had three really interesting examples of gear issues - from disintegrating latex gaskets to a peeling urethane coated outfit. Really great to see. Would be nice if paddlers with really old unused gear could look through to see if you can find some interesting issues.

Also - if anyone needs a gasket changed, we can do so at the event. If there is more than one person - we can flip a coin. All my suits are in good condition at this time so I would really prefer to change one on someone else's as I don't like wasting a good gasket just to show the process.

Suz

Apparently you missed this in the first thread

"Hi,

I will be attending the workshop and my drysuit needs both wrist and a neck gasket--I volunteer it to be used. Let me know if I have to give you some additional information.

Bryan Auday"

I did - thanks. I was away and haven't looked at all the back posts.

Bryan - won't have time to do all but we can choose one of the gaskets and go from there.

Suz

Just in case you didn't pack your dinner/drinks, there are a few places to get something to eat right in downtown Topsfield.

A new place called New Meadows Market http://newmeadowsmarket.com/ they are open from 7-7. There is also a sandwich shop called Alex's which is OK and Topsfield House of Pizza so lots of options.

See you tonight!

Suz