***UPDATE*** Portsmouth to Rye Harbor Saturday 7/29

ccarlson

***Everyone planning to paddle today... please check the weather forecast for today before heading out to be sure that you are comfortable with the predicted conditions. We will probably park at the Odiorne State Park boat launch side of the bridge.***

Lisa and I plan to paddle from Odiorne Point down the coast to Rye Harbor and back Saturday morning. We will be paddling at a relaxed pace and plan to stop at the harbor for a lunch break before heading back up the coast. Planning to arrive at Odiorne Point by 10AM for 10:30AM launch. Free parking on the North side of the bridge is quite limited, so the State lot on the south side is an alternative though there is a $6 charge (also a clean portapotti).

Paddlers are welcome to join us though this is not a formal trip and there will be no leader. If our plans change, I'll post here and also email anyone who lets me know they plan to be there.

Looks like it should be a great day to be on the water!

Carol,

I may be interested in joining you tomorrow morning. Do you have a cell that I can reach? You can email me at mcdowemc AT bc.edu or leave a message at 617.921.6395.

Thanks,

Maria McDowell

Impex Seabreeze

Yellow/white

Hi Carl,

I'm going to try and make it ... but obviously don't wait! Is there only one spot to put-in? I wasn't sure from your posting whether you were going to be in the State Park or if there was another spot near a bridge.

Thanks,

John King

As Kevin points out, either side of the bridge is fine. I'll paddle to whichever side I don't park on to see who's around.

I'd like to join you also. If your plans happen to change after 8 am tomorrow I can be reached at 978-257-2262.

Thanks, Gay

Bridge on RT 1A right near the entrance to Odiorne State Park. Bridge is over Berry Creek. Just do Mapquest for Rye and zoom in on the area around Little Harbor... you'll find it. See you in the morning!

From I-93:

To Route 101 east to I-95 North to exit 5, Portsmouth Traffic Circle. Go 1/4 around the circle to Route 1 By-Pass south to Route 1 south. Take a left onto 1A south at the traffic lights at Elwyn Road. Follow Route 1A south until you get to a bridge. There is parking on the left before the bridge and a little further down, a sign and entrance to the boat ramp for Odiorne State Park. Modest fee and dry parking.

From I-95:

I-95 North to exit 5, Portsmouth Traffic Circle. Go 1/4 around the circle to Route 1 By-Pass south to Route 1 south. Take a left onto 1A south until you get to a bridge. There is parking on the left before the bridge and a little further down, a sign and entrance to the boat ramp for Odiorne State Park. Modest fee and dry parking.