Foot peg replacement

Dee,

I paddle with foamed bulkheads in a couple of my boats and have not experienced any foot discomfort.

I have a plastic boat with foot pegs and early on had pain and discomfort.

I foamed it out and no more issues.  I know this to be the case for a number of club members who have also gone the foam route. 

In addition to the inherent "give" or cushion the foam provides, there's also a lot to be said for having more area to position your feet. 

It was a relatively simple task once I had the foam and determined the ideal distance.  

I adjusted the pegs as far as they could go forward and added the foam.  This is my go-to rock and surf boat so being able to push on the foam and not have it dislodge was important. 

I took the extra time to cut the pieces just slightly larger than warranted so they were secure in the cockpit in case of an out of boat experience. 

Good luck!

David

Edited by David M

I have one boat foamed out and one with pegs. It's important to me to have a boat that's adjustable for sharing. I wonder if you've considered whether your footwear could be contributing to your discomfort.

• 4 weeks later...