Wednesday Lunch Paddle June 12 Pavilion Beach Gloucester

prudenceb

WLP 6/12 Pavilion Beqch Gloucester aka Greasy Pole

Conditions look lovely for this second WLP of the season.  My thought is launching from Pavilion Beach and heading south out of Gloucester Harbor as far as we want to go before turning back.  Forecast for now has low winds and calm seas.

Please sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHXlJXjy1gs5ikE3f51oE28XzLTSyfo5j_O8exHaAal9Xu0g/viewform?usp=sf_link

We will meet at Pavilion Beach (free parking in small lot or on the street) at 9:00 am for 9:30 launch.

As with all WLP's, this is not a led or guided trip.  We are all responsible for each other.  Requirements:  kayak with bulkheads and deck lines and you with PFDS and spray skirt.

If any questions, you can PM me, and feel free to indicate your interest/that you're going, on this thread - it encourages other people!  But you still have to sign up above!

Prudence

6 minutes ago, Doug Stetson said:

Looks great. It will be another section of coast that will be my first time.

Excellent!  Maybe we can get you all the way around Cape Ann by the end of the summer!

Looks like fun - but with Covid over and traffic back to normal it would be a 2 plus hour drive for me - I did enjoy the WLP and hope to get on another one this year

3 hours ago, mbhazeltine said:

Looks like fun - but with Covid over and traffic back to normal it would be a 2 plus hour drive for me - I did enjoy the WLP and hope to get on another one this year

Hope you can make it sometime.  I intentionally started a bit earlier to beat some of traffic and also so we get off water earlier for drive home.