Crescent Beach, Monday 6/10/24

Jim Snyder

I've been wanting to check out this area, especially Richmond Island. If I don't get enough interest in traveling that far I will propose York Harbor as an alternative. If you want to get out Monday let's make a plan. 

I can’t go Monday but it’s a nice area to paddle. I’m not sure where you plan to launch but we use Kettle Cove. 

I may be available, I’ll know by Sunday am.

Launching from Crescent beach would be a long carry, if it’s allowed.  Yes, Kettle has a  small ramp used by commercial fisherman, kayakers use a simple hand carry area right off the parking lot.  There is a porta potty. Richmond Island is private, with limited public access… you can not use the private dock area.  Go to blackpointcorporation.com for further info re island & access.  

I talked to the local parks department seeking permission to launch at Kettle. They don't want people parking there for more than an hour and steered me towards Crescent at the west end of the lot. I understand it's a long carry. The other option is Pine Point. 

There are several Crescent Beaches. What town are you talking about launching from, please?