Jump to content

Greenland NH - March 16-22 - kayak pick up help


Recommended Posts

I have a super weird request for help. 

Werner and I are moving back east from California.  The van leaves my house here tomorrow!  It will meander across the country and end up at a storage unit in Greenland NH.  My daughter will be meeting the moving van and all the moving company does at this point is give me a window that the van will arrive which is March 16-22.  Of course the storage unit isn't big enough at 15' to even hold a kayak and I will be shipping back 2 surfski's and a Cetus MV.  Also, my daughter doesn't paddle and so no rack on her car to manage the kayaks.

I'm hopeful that someone lives nearby and that I could pay them to pick up the kayaks for me from the Greenland location and either hold them at their location until I can get someone to come pick them up.  (Could be the following weekend or even a weeknight. I won't know when until I know where!)

The sticky part is that moving men move FAST and most likely will only be at the storage unit for a few hours. My daughter will be having them organize the two storage units of stuff but sure it won't be more than 2-3 hours unloading time so that would be when the kayaks would need to be picked up.   

I will be told at least 24 hours ahead exactly when they will arrive.  Most likely I will know a 2 day window as they get closer but at this time, I only have March 16-22 at this time.  

Does my weird request make sense?  The storage unit address is:  

Bluebird Storage
125 Ocean Road
Greenland NH 

Thanks for listening and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Suz
suz@kayakne.com




 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Suz,

It's wonderful to hear you are moving back east!  It seems that window will work for me to help, but I'm currently set up for carrying 2 boats.  I've been meaning to change my boat carrying set-up and if I can sort it out to carry 3, I'll let you know as soon as I am able.  I still live in Amesbury, so not far from Greenland.

Best Wishes, Sue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey Suz!

I just left you a message.

I can make this happen.  The storage unit is only 30 minutes from me. 

I'll pick up the boats and store them on my kayak trailer.

It will be great to see you again.  You were such an important part of my journey into sea kayaking!

Best,

David

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you so much David and Sue!  Kevin, you too!  I'm so relieved.  David said that he has the ability to do this but in order to be sure, just in case.  I will set up text message to all three of you and when I have the date and time, assuming David can, he will go pick up the boats.  If something out of the ordinary is going on, I will know and then I will ask Kevin/Sue if either of you can.  I also have another back up and then can do this on a weekend but not certain weekdays.  

Thank you!  Appreciate the fast response!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not around on those dates but glad it's figured out. What town are you settling in?  

Edited by Paul Sylvester
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that is a good question!  Don't have an answer -we needed to pick a location for a storage unit and I'm familiar with that area.  Werner wants waterfront so that means farther north east.  Daughter is south in MA.  We will be on the hunt for location when we get back.  Open to suggestions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was trying to message you but could not so here it is..

Welcome back to NE.. Suggestions for living...

 I moved to Kittery last summer and love being back on the seacoast. Still have a working waterfront but a big noisy military presence. Lots of shopping and nightlife in Portsmouth and Kittery. We have two beaches in town and many launches in the area as you know. Big question is does the state matter?  Kittery and Eliot have some nice waterfront on the river, but the view can be industrial.  Dover NH has riverfront that is nice, but the property taxes are very high. 

  If going for a condo look at Badger's Island in Kittery? Just be careful because too close to the shipyard can be noisy at night. Portsmouth waterfront is very nice but 2.5 mil...If you can find it! 

  Bow Lake in Strafford NH is a very nice body of water and reasonably close to the seacoast. 

Why not Massachusetts? 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/8/2024 at 1:16 AM, Paul Sylvester said:

I was trying to message you but could not so here it is..

Welcome back to NE.. Suggestions for living...

 I moved to Kittery last summer and love being back on the seacoast. Still have a working waterfront but a big noisy military presence. Lots of shopping and nightlife in Portsmouth and Kittery. We have two beaches in town and many launches in the area as you know. Big question is does the state matter?  Kittery and Eliot have some nice waterfront on the river, but the view can be industrial.  Dover NH has riverfront that is nice, but the property taxes are very high. 

  If going for a condo look at Badger's Island in Kittery? Just be careful because too close to the shipyard can be noisy at night. Portsmouth waterfront is very nice but 2.5 mil...If you can find it! 

  Bow Lake in Strafford NH is a very nice body of water and reasonably close to the seacoast. 

Why not Massachusetts? 

  

Thanks Paul!  I saw on facebook you were living now in Kittery.  

Why not MA?  In reality, it is all about the $.  We couldn't afford the ocean front in MA or NH.  Werner's pretty adamant that the water needs to have salt in it:) We can't handle a condo and need space outside for both the dog and us.  All that ends up pushing us further Down East and into Maine.  I'm definitely open to suggestions.  Right now we are focusing on Harpswell.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/7/2024 at 8:03 AM, Jim Snyder said:

If any unforeseen issues arise I could be part of the solution as well.

Jim,
I so appreciate this offer and if something falls through with either David or Kevin, I would love to reach out.   That would be really great.  One never knows what can happen!  So the driver tells me he is planning on Monday, March 18 to the storage unit.  Could you email me so I can get your contanct?  suz@kayakne.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/6/2024 at 6:34 AM, Sue H. said:

Hi Suz,

It's wonderful to hear you are moving back east!  It seems that window will work for me to help, but I'm currently set up for carrying 2 boats.  I've been meaning to change my boat carrying set-up and if I can sort it out to carry 3, I'll let you know as soon as I am able.  I still live in Amesbury, so not far from Greenland.

Best Wishes, Sue 

Thanks so much Sue. I think it would be easier for either David or Kevin as they have a trailer and so could do in one shot.  I appreciate so much that you are willing to help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Suz said:

Thanks Paul!  I saw on facebook you were living now in Kittery.  

Why not MA?  In reality, it is all about the $.  We couldn't afford the ocean front in MA or NH.  Werner's pretty adamant that the water needs to have salt in it:) We can't handle a condo and need space outside for both the dog and us.  All that ends up pushing us further Down East and into Maine.  I'm definitely open to suggestions.  Right now we are focusing on Harpswell.  

 

You might get a nice property west of RT 95 in York County Maine for 650-850. Inventory is low.. Oceanside town but not on the water. Wells, Biddeford , York, Kittery

  I love being so close to Portsmouth with all the nightlife and shopping. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...