MA Bay Water Trail – Call For Volunteers

SeanK

VISION:

To create a water trail from Salisbury to Provincetown, MA

WHAT IS A H20 TRAIL?

Per the ACA:

- The trail is a contiguous or semi-contiguous waterway or series of waterways that is open to recreational use by paddlers;

- The trail has public access points for paddlers;

- The trail is covered by a map, guide, signage or a web site that is of reasonable quality and detail and available to the public.

- Published or printed materials for the trail (e.g. guidebook, map, signs, website) communicate low-impact ethics to trail users; and

- The trail is supported and/or managed by one or more organizations.

WHY?

B/c it’d be a lot of fun…b/c it’s cool…b/c we can…b/c we can give back to the paddling community…and many others…

HOW CAN YOU HELP?

Considering the scope of this project, I see needs everywhere. Some initial thoughts are:

- Planning the overall trail

- Mapping (err…) Charting out the course section by section (any GPS heads out there?)

- Creating a website

- Linking those Charts to that website w/ descriptive write-ups

- Going on “Private” or mayhap “Official NSPN” trips to write a brief synopsis on what to expect to local history of a section of the trail

- Coordinating w/ local lodging (campsites, motels, hotels, B&B’s, 5* Boston Harbor Hotel?)

- And everything else that I can’t think of right now.

OK I’M INTERESTED, WHAT DO I DO???

Send me an email – kimballss at hotmail dot com

I’m hoping to have a brainstorming/planning meeting on a Saturday sometime in February.

• 2 weeks later...