Saturday- Nigel Foster Class- Nahant

Suz

SOUTH END OF NAHANT BEACH CLOSEST TO THE DUNKIN DONUTS AND THE TIDES RESTAURANT

CLASS STARTS AT 10 - THEY WILL BE CHECKING OUT KINGS BEACH IN SWAMPSCOTT AND IF IT IS "CLEANER" UP THERE, THE CLASS MAY DRIVE UP THERE INSTEAD. TO FIND THIS BEACH, DRIVE TWO MILES UP THE ROAD TO THE SWAMPSCOTT LINE FOLLOWING THE BEACH - YOU WILL SEE THE RACKS/BOATS.

If you aren't busy on the upcoming beautiful Saturday and want to take a walk on the beach; come on out and bring some hot cocoa or tea to the participants in the Nigel Foster surf class.

We are hoping that Nahant will be the site of the class,I will post the plan on Saturday morning. If conditions change during the day, they may switch locations.

PLEASE do not interfere with the class - there are volunteers to help participants launch and land, but a cup of hot chocolate would be sure to hit the spot!

After the class is done, everyone who is interested is welcome to attend the PPPO and have a beer with Nigel.

Appropriate attire for the event is a cag with mukluks (google if you don't know what they are).

Suzanne

Suz,

Do you have experiance with the NRS Version of the boots?

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=2308&deptid=1169

as I was looking to get a pair of them and now I don't know if I should get them or the version that you posted.

https://www.chotaoutdoorgear.com/CyberMerch...sp?idproduct=33

Thanks -Jason

Jason,

The NRS model looks to be very similar. I haven't been that happy with the NRS products that I have bought so I tend to buy other brands where availalbe.

NESC sells the Chota Mukluks unbelievable cheap for some reason, about half what I paid at REI.

There are two models of Mukluks, one with the quick lace and one w/o. I like the lace as it pulls everything closer and less water can get in if it goes over the tops of the boot.

One problem that you may encounter with any boot is not being able to get them under the deck. Check out how much room you have with your current set up and then bring that shoe to the store to see the difference in the size of the soles to make sure you will be OK.

I particularly like wearing the Mukluks at this time of year before I get in the wetsuit because my feet stay dry launching and landing.

An idea for those people with small calves (not me!) who get loads of water over the tops is to sew some velcro to stretchy webbing and just go around your leg a couple times to take up the "slack".

Suz