Corliss Boat Ramp Question

norm

Quick question - is the Corliss Landing boat ramp put-in on the Annisquam River at the end of Apple Street in Gloucester muddy at half tide and less or is it firm enough for launching a kayak without filling the boat with mud?

Quick question - is the Corliss Landing boat ramp put-in on the Annisquam River at the end of Apple Street in Gloucester muddy at half tide and less or is it firm enough for launching a kayak without filling the boat with mud?

Another problem (at least for me) is that the ramp has a steep grade. Near high tide it's difficult to get into the cockpit compared to a flat beach in shallow water.

-Leon

I put my kayak parallel to that boat ramp to exit. I have not used that launch site in years, but it used to be possible to carry a kayak down the right side, through the weeds, and launch at all tides. Even at low tide there is a small pool next to the shore.

Another all tide access point is on the other side of the Annisquam river: http://gloucesterma.com/Guides/PublicLandingBrochure.pdf The parking area can flood at HIGH hide tides so watch where you park. Liz