Thr 6/20 Moderate Paddle - Harbor Islands

alcoons

Short Tour of Harbor Islands

Date: Thr 6/20

Launch: 10:30 AM, (Beach Briefing 10:25 AM)

Status: Confirmed (Pablo and Al) but check here Thr AM just in case.

Route: Short Tour of islands: 8-10 miles : http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5973877

Put-in: Last parking lot (on left) on Tafts Avenue before you are stopped by the Deer Island gate (back about 1/4 mile?) http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5974085

Trip Type and Tone: Level 3-? CAM. All stay together. Support each other. Conservative decisions. Should be comfortable with wind and waves.

Bring: Water & lunch. Water temperature is around 60 I would suspect.

Tides: High Tide: Around 8:50 AM, Low Tide: Around 3:00 PM

Al Coons
Cetus
Red over white, mostly over

I'm a likely participant -- sounds like the perfect mellow paddle to finally start my season (with obeisance to the Goddesses and Gods of the Sea -- may they not zing us for my presumptive chutzpah).

Edited by djlewis

Thanks for posting this, Al! Am thinking about joining you. What time do you anticipate getting off the water in the PM?

Well let's say we average 3 mph and do 9 miles. That is 3 hours. Plus a lunch stop and maybe another short one. No promises but 4-4.5 hours? We will NOT turn this into a long trip.

Hope you can join us.

Edited by alcoons

Dave just pointed out that the Marine Forcast has changed:

Thu

SW winds around 5 kt...becoming S with gusts up to 20 kt in the afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.

1. Let's lauch on time.

2. I plan to be very conservative.

3. Please check here in the morning in case of more changes.

4. my cell is 781-879-9377.

5. Comments and feedback welcome.

Al

Looking good:

Boston Harbor-Today

NW winds around 5 kt...becoming se 10 to 15 kt this afternoon. Waves 1 foot or less.

Tonight

SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Waves 1 foot or less.