The 30th Run of the Charles Canoe & Kayak Race

dwman53

Anyone racing in the 6 mile sea kayak race on Sunday?

Anyone have any good insight into a parking location, if DCR Artesani Park area, Brighton (start of 6 mile race) is full?

I know about Magazine beach, but it's kinda far away and heard there's a 4 hr parking time limit

I'm paddling an IMPEX Susquehanna Yellow/white...coming thru...

Thanks

Doug W

Anyone racing in the 6 mile sea kayak race on Sunday?

Anyone have any good insight into a parking location, if DCR Artesani Park area, Brighton (start of 6 mile race) is full?

I know about Magazine beach, but it's kinda far away and heard there's a 4 hr parking time limit

I'm paddling an IMPEX Susquehanna Yellow/white...coming thru...

Thanks

Doug W

They've always allowed you to parallel park along the road that's adjacent to the park.

Good luck to you and Lisa in the 6-miler (she'll probably break another record if she's fully recovered from her cold).

Thanks for the info. Went early and got a spot in the main parking lot.

This was my first race, but managed 13th in Masters class and 35th overall. The down wind leg was fast thanks to the wind, but you know you gunna pay when you turned and headed for home. 6 Miles 1hr 21 m 39 sec

Next up is Essex River race @ the end of May

DougW

Well done, Doug, see you at the Essex, I hope!

ROTC results here. Looks like MattD took 3rd Sea Kayak in the 19-miler - congrats! That's a long race with a tough crowd - lots of racing boats. And 5 portages (ugh).

I was in the 6-miler - 3 min. behind last year's time, but it was really quite windy and it seems like many others had slow times, too. I registered as "touring" this year. Was beaten by 3 "sea kayaks", but one of them was a miss-classed Epic 18X, so I'm not counting that one :-)

For what it's worth, I had an old camera up and taking pictures at the finish line every 10 seconds. If you click on the "full information" link you can see the "date and time - original" of each photo - use your finish time to find yourself if you are so inclined. Unfortunately the sun was behind the target, and the camera is an old one, so the quality isn't what I would wish. Oh, well.

Man, those portages were pretty rough! Overall I was pretty happy w/ my time for the 19 Mile course -- would have been nice to have a couple more people in the Open SK category -- I'm listed as coming in first out of one racer :) Looking forward to the Essex River Race and of course, the Blackburn Challenge is just 10 weeks away -- just enough time for one last training cycle -- also make sure the Nahant Bay Race (August) and Marblehead Rotary Great Race (Sept) are on your calendars, too!

Matt