Walden Pond Sessions

Lbeale

Hello Everyone,

Due to popular demand to continue into Septmember the Walden Pond rolling and stupid kayak tricks sessions have been moved to Fridays. Sametime (4:30-5:00 arrival) until they bark at us to get out of the parking lot.

Hope to see you Friday--pleas post here is attending or maybe attending.

Les

Hi Everyone,

Can people let me know who will be attending Walden tonite? So far we have only three people including myself. Maybe we should wait until next week when more people can make it.

Les

Hi Everyone,

Can people let me know who will be attending Walden tonite? So far we have only three people including myself. Maybe we should wait until next week when more people can make it.

Les

Les,

I'll be there.

Peter

Friday looks like a good day for Walden. Given that they bark at us to get out of the parking lot by 6:30, some of us have talked about getting to the Pond before 5 if possible. I hope to get to the Pond around 4-4:30.

If you are planning on attending, please post here.

Thanks,

Les

Having rooted for the change to fri, for the second fri in a row I can't make it - have friend coming in from out of town. Also, impossible ever for me to be there at 4:30 -but I'll look forward to seeing you, Les (?and others) on Sat at Pavilion launch.

pru

Given my wife's need for my assistance Friday, the current drizzle at my house, and the forecast for rain tomorrow, I'm not going to load my boat on the car tonight, which means I won't be joining you tomorrow, September 23rd, 2011. :(

Next week I should be arriving at Delmarva Friday afternoon for a whole weekend of rolling. :tent7: Sorry you are not all coming with me!

The first Friday in October, the sun will be setting around 6:17pm, but I might be up for practicing what I learned at Delmarva. :kayak: Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

till later,

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

The first Friday in October, the sun will be setting around 6:17pm, but I might be up for practicing what I learned at Delmarva. :kayak: Keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

I'm very interested in another pond session this Friday, if anyone else will commit to be there to help me with my boat, and spot me on the water! I think I could get there by 4pm. Anyone interested?

NOAA is currently predicting Sunny :emweather2: with a Hi of 63 °F on Friday.

For rolling practice, a dry-suit might be nice, but how is that different from the rest of the summer? :thinking: Besides, if you have not done so already, you should probably check your dry-suit before going out on a "real" paddle this fall anyway.

I'm very interested in another pond session this Friday, if anyone else will commit to be there to help me with my boat, and spot me on the water! I think I could get there by 4pm. Anyone interested?

Last call. I need someone else to say they want to go by early Thursday afternoon. Otherwise I will not arrange for time off from work, and will not be loading my boat on the car Thursday night.