Paddle Thursday February 24th

Gcosloy

High temperature is predicted to be 40F or better for this Thursday. Was out last Thurs. with a few souls and it was delightful around Newcastle and Rye. Any interest out there? Put-ins include Kittery, Pierce's Island, Tuck's Point, Winter Island et al. Post interest here and desired put-in.

Thursday I plan on launching from Pavilion Beach Ipswich about 11:30 am. if that might be of interest to anybody.

Last Thurs the Sound was pretty ice free to about Rowley River. Usually I go out for about 4hrs looking for any wildlife, a little exercise...fresh air etc. Some company is always welcome.

Hey Spider,

I might possibly join you. I've been thinking about a coastal excursion starting at Tucks point in Manchester by the Sea and following the coast north to Gloucester and back. Maybe 10-12 mi. or so. Conditions tomorrow are forecast to be ideal: 1-2 ft. seas, light onshore (SSW) winds, sunny skies and temps in the mid-30's -- a rare combination these days. I plan to drive over to the launch today to check accessibility. If it won't work, I'll join you. Alternatively, if you're interested in joining me, I'd enjoy the company.

Blaine

I would be interested in meeting up with you down that way if it looks good to you.

I don't know my way around down there for launching..I'm thinking Tucks Point is off 127...?

if it doesn't look good to you then Pavilion Ipswich is a good launch this winter, though a bit of a walk launching near low tide...

I just returned from my recon. The parking lot is partially plowed -- enough for about 12-15 cars -- and it's an easy walk to the launch. The "resident only" parking signs are still there, but it's hard to imagine anyone checking, or caring, this time of year. There was one car there at 3PM. I parked there in the mid to late fall with no problem.

Yes, it's off Rt. 127, between Beverly Farms and Manchester, but I'll have to think about how to describe the rest. Gotta cook dinner for my wife and son right now. Check back here after 8pm.

Blaine

Directions to Tuck's Point can be found under "Events & Planning"/"Put" above. Someone left the "-ins" out.

Good point, Bob. I keep forgetting the finer features of our web site.

Spider -

The marine forecast is holding and has not changed. Tucks Point looks perfect for a launch. If you're still interested, here are the directions:

Take Route 128 north to exit 16 (Pine St. Manchester). Turn left onto Pine St. Continue for 1.4 miles to Rt.127. Turn right onto 127 and go .7 mi. to a left on Harbor Street. After 0.2 mile go over a little bridge across the train tracks. Take an immediate left onto Tucks Point Road and follow it to the yacht club.

Low tide is 9:50 AM, high at 4:10 PM. Would meeting around 10:30 with BIB around 11 work for you? If not, I'm flexible.

Blaine

If anyone else wants to join us, feel free to meet us at Tucks.