Squam Lake - Thursday OR Saturday?

prudenceb

Tis the season!  Colors changing, cool temperatures.  Time to think about venturing north for annual ramble around gorgeous Squam Lake in NH.  I'm posting to gauge interest in a paddle sometime this week.  Thursday is forecast to be sunny, warm (70) and little wind…but it's a Thursday.  Saturday is forecast to be chilly (50), windy and overcast…but it's a weekend and possibly better for folks who have to do a longer drive…and obviously better for those who actually have to…WORK!

Pls weigh in with comment on a) if you're interested at all and b) which day you prefer - or whether either day would be ok.

If we don't do it this week, I'll have to wait two weeks to repost.

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb

Ugh!  Saturday forecast not looking good.  Winds from NW gusting to 25+.  My inclination now is for Thursday, when it will be warm and not windy.   Wind on Squam can really be difficult howling down the lake.  I'll keep an eye on forecast, but wknd option unfortunately not looking good.  Anyone other than David and me available for Thursday?

Prudence

I was with the crew at Squam in May! Would be fun to see it in the fall! However, I'm going to be teaching research methods to a graduate audiology class on Thursday afternoon so can't join you. I'm bummed . . . 

Would be so beautiful!!  I would love to paddle with you and have never paddled Squam Lake- not sure I've been there.   It's about 2 1/2 hrs. from me. I'm still "re-entering" from our trip however, what would your plan be for times and locations Prudence?

14 minutes ago, Barbara Ryan said:

Would be so beautiful!!  I would love to paddle with you and have never paddled Squam Lake- not sure I've been there.   It's about 2 1/2 hrs. from me. I'm still "re-entering" from our trip however, what would your plan be for times and locations Prudence?

It would be wonderful to have you, Barb, and Thursday weather really sounding perfect.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm also still re-entering after intense week of paddling in Maine.  Long drive for everyone but once a year I always find it worth it.  It would likely require early start - being on road 7ish - to meet at Science Center (directions to follow) at 9:30 ish, to get in nice day of paddling and not having to drive home in dark. Trust me, it's worth it!  (And no gear to clean at end of the day!)

I’d d love to autumn paddle  Squam with you on Thursday: not sure I’d  be fit to keep up with you hard chargers  and may or may not be dragging after todays Covid booster, though I’ve not really suffered from my previous four shots. 
Peter 

So Thursday it is!  Great to have you, Bill and Peter, and hope Barb will join as well.  Let's meet at the boat ramp at the Squam Lakes Association 534 US Rte 3 Holderness NH at 9:30.  (And Peter, maybe in my next life I'll be a hard charger, but certainly not in this one!)

And to the folks who expressed interest in Saturday paddle, sorry but weather conditions really pointed to Thursday.  Hey, just skip work and join us! ?

Prudence

Edited by prudenceb