Skills practice session #6 - September 25

JanetL

It's already September and this will be the last skills practice session of the year (although people can always organize more!)

For this week, we will be doing something a bit different in hope of giving participants some choice in the plans.

The rough plan is to launch from Fisherman's Beach in Swampscott, and if conditions allow, to do some practice with launching and landing in surf nearby. From there, a group may stay put and play in the surf, while others head out for a journey. We can practice skills along the way based on participant interests - maybe some rocks, maybe some rescues, etc.

When you sign up HERE the form has a space to put your interests. Thanks and hope to see you there!

Janet and Sue

Hi Janet, I am a new member. I just want to go there to say hi if the event is still on and someone will be there. I started late this year. I think I shouldn’t jump in the advanced practice session. I hope to participate more next summer.

Qian (She/Her)

Janet,

Thanks for organizing this.

I’ve not paddled from Fisherman’s Beach before, would like to know about parking. On Sundays, is parking allowed on Rt 129/ Humphrey St for more than two hours? Or is there a better option?

About the start time, is that 9am arrive at Fisherman's Beach or 9am be ready paddle?

See you Sunday.

Beth