Saturday 8/6/2022: Rockport Granite Pier

Joseph Berkovitz

Gosh, just when it was seeming like weekend club trips were a thing of the distant past, along comes this Level 2 trip. We will meet at Rockport Granite Pier at 9 am with the aim of getting on the water around 9:30 am. This location has ample parking and with so few weekend trips I want to make sure there's room for people. That said I will probably cut this trip off at around 12 people.

parking is $12 cash only.

The weather forecast is still not reliable but it looks like it may be a cooler and overcast day (yay!) with light winds and swell. If the forecast changes radically, the location might change too, so stay tuned if you sign up.

The trip is now waitlisted but sign up here as people may drop out: https://forms.gle/hkFqTeZF8zhfWrGQA

You can get tide information, charts and weather forecasts for the area here: 

https://coastalpaddling.com/42.62360/-70.74577/11?tides=y&date=202208061200

Rockport tides are:

Time Type Feet
06:04 am high 8.15
12:00 pm   0.94
12:09 pm low 0.93
06:28 pm high 9.40

Multiple nice plans and paddles are possible from this location and we'll endeavor to pick something that's fun for everyone. If you have any questions about this trip or you're not sure if it's for you please PM me!

To join the trip you must be a paid-up NSPN member, and have signed the club participant waiver for this season. Your signup information will only be shared with other members on the trip.

Covid-19 paddling: this trip requires paddlers to be vaccinated/boosted against Covid-19 and symptom-free, as rescues or first aid may require close physical contact.

Hope you can make it.

Joe Berkovitz

Edited by Joseph Berkovitz
trip is now on waitlist

1 hour ago, carpy said:

I signed up and would love to come, but please bump me if there’s someone with less experience and who can’t make Wednesday paddles. 

I haven’t signed up, but was thinking the same. 

• Joseph Berkovitz changed the title to Saturday 8/6/2022: Rockport Granite Pier

Several people volunteered to give up their spot in case the group is getting too large.  I would suggest as an alternative that we break into pods if the group is too large.  There's plenty of parking there, and plenty of ocean, and plenty of experienced paddlers to insure safety for a second pod.