Wednesday Lunch Paddle - July 13 - Lanes Cove to…..?

prudenceb

I'll be hosting this week's WLP, and thus will be using the old-fashioned float plan signup at the launch.  If you're planning on attending, pls post here so I can keep track of numbers.  Hoping to keep the group somewhere around 8 or so folks so as not to completely overwhelm parking at Lanes.

It's supposed to be a toasty day (temp close to 90) but there is a breeze forecast.  Let's meet at the state launch at Lane's Cove in time for a 9:30 am launch…yes, a little earlier than usual, but hey, it's summer!

I'm thinking of a route that would take us from Lane's to Halibut Point or just beyond, then turn around and head back the way we came to the Annisquam River, where we can either poke in a bit (although greenheads may be an issue) or cross over and paddle along the beaches toward Cranes.  And if anyone wants to stop and take a dip along the way, well, that would be fine, too!    

Depending on what the weather actually does on the day, this plan can, of course, be modified! 

So…reminder: pls post if you'll be joining on this thread.

Edited by prudenceb

5 minutes ago, JaneC said:

I’ll be there. Not sure what you mean by the state launch

The state launch is the one at the far end of Andrews Street.  We used to park in the informal lot off of Duley St, but we've been using the state one more recently.

OK…we've got a crowd now.  Trip is closed to further signups.  Perhaps several people who are familiar with it could park at the Duley St mini lot.  I'd like to keep the number at the state lot at 8.  Volunteers?  Folks who park at Duley St can launch and meet the rest ofmus over at state ramp.

Prudence