Castle Neck Circumnav, May 1 (L3)

JanetL

Logistics align to allow a circumnavigation of Castle Neck (Crane beach) on May 1 - before parking turns to resident-only!

We will launch from Pavilion Beach in Ipswich (NOT in Gloucester!), ready to paddle at 10am. This route is about 10-12 miles long and will take us through what may be bumpy moving water at the exit from Plum Island Sound and entrance to Essex bay - please contact me before signing up if we've never paddled together before.  We'll likely have lunch on Choate before heading back through Fox creek near high tide.

Must have sea kayak with deck lines and flotation, clothes for immersion (drysuit this time of year), and a signed waiver on the new NSPN system (linked below).

Post below to RSVP (limited to 8). Plan is subject to weather changes but it looks pretty good right now!

Edited by JanetL

• JanetL changed the title to Castle Neck Circumnav, May 1 (L3)

Hi Janet:

I live in Ipswich, and know the Castle Neck River well, so I think it will be a fun trip. Please let me know if a spot opens up. 

If not, since I have access to Fox Creek, please let me know whether you will be breaking for lunch on Choate Island, as I might paddle over from my in-laws on Argilla Rd to join the group for the sheltered portion of the trip.

Chris Carroll 

Edited by Christopher Carroll

I got exposed to Covid this week and am waiting on my test results, so I won’t be able to join you unless I have results by tomorrow. I am going to back out so if there’s someone else who’s interested they can have my spot since I likely won’t get results until Sunday.